14 January 2014, ANAHEIM, California
At Winter NAMM 2014, HARMAN’s JBL Professional is introducing the VTX F Series, a premium line of 2-way multi-purpose loudspeakers designed to add to the word-class performance of JBL’s VTX Series line arrays. The F Series provides flexibility to audio professionals who don’t want to compromise on sound quality or performance they’ve found with the VTX Series. The F Series includes three models: the F12 and F15 full-range loudspeakers and the F18S subwoofer.
The VTX F12 and F15 loudspeakers feature the large-format JBL D2 dual diaphragm dual driver employed in the VTX V25 fullsize line array loudspeaker and the M2 Master Reference Monitor. All F Series models also feature JBL’s lightweight, high-power Differential Drive™ transducer technology.
The F Series is named for five key features:
1) Fill: For point-and-shoot fill such as stacked stereo in-fill/out-fill, the F12 and F15 are an excellent sound design complement to VTX V25 due to the sonic consistency provided by common large-format D2 driver technology.
2) Flexible: Pole mount and suspension options allow F Series to be used in a wide variety of distributed fill configurations for corporate/industrial applications such as ballroom delay rings and trade show booths. The F Series is a versatile sound design tool.
3) FOH (Front of House): Standalone (pole-mounted) or when paired with the F18S subwoofer, the F12 and F15 can be used as a premium-quality, compact format front-of-house or sidefill monitoring system.
4) Floor Monitor: With their clean lines, high-performance components and dedicated V5 processing, F-Series loudspeakers are perfectly suited for demanding tour sound stage monitoring requirements.
5) Firehouse: The F Series is a design collaboration between JBL Professional and the world-renowned Firehouse Productions of Red Hook, New York. Essentially, the VTX F Series is a premium transducer upgrade of a tried-and-tested design that has always delivered for Firehouse Productions and its most demanding tour sound clients.
The VTX F12 is a bi-amplified 2-way enclosure that features a Progressive Transition Waveguide (90 x 50 degrees) and the 2262H 12-inch diameter (3-inch) dual voice coil, neodymium Differential Drive, Direct Cooled™ transducer. It boasts power handling (AES 2-hour) of 1000W continuous, 4000W peak (low frequency) and 200W continuous, 800W peak (high frequency).
The F15 is a bi-amplified 2-way enclosure that features a Progressive Transition Waveguide (90 x 50 degrees) and the 2265H 15-inch diameter (3-inch) dual voice coil, neodymium Differential Drive, Direct Cooled transducer. It offers power handling (AES 2-hour) of 1000W continuous, 4000W peak (low frequency) and 200W continuous, 800W peak (high frequency).
The F12 and F15 are optimized for use with Crown I-Tech HD Amplifiers and Crown VRack amplifier management systems, while both models also include BSS Audio OmniDriveHD V5 processing and JBL HiQnet Performance Manager™ control.
The F12 and F15 also offer attractive installation features including: a pole-mount socket, four NL4 connectors for discrete cabling, 14 M10 mount points and an optional universal bracket.
The VTX F18S is a powerful subwoofer in a compact form factor, ideal for drum/DJ monitoring and small/medium format front-of-house applications. It features the 2269H Differential Driver 18-inch transducer, with high power handling (AES 2-hour) of 2000W continuous, 8000W peak and massive linear excursion capability (3.5 inches peak to peak). The F18S is reverse-cardioid arrayable and features a reinforced M20 extension rod receptacle, 16 M10 mount points, four convenience handle locations and stacking feet and recesses.